puma dispatch

personal fav: suade, easy rider, aqua blue.

Tuesday, March 31, 2009

I don't know why I just remembered pumadispatch. But since it is my last week of law school (finally!) I thought it might be worth writing a couple of words on how this whole process has panned out. Well, for one thing, the last five years have gone by really quickly! I've spent a great deal of time in three different countries during this time and will formally finish law school in about 4 weeks (provided I can finish three papers and write an exam). It's been a great journey. I can't say I've loved every step of the way, but I can say that I don't regret having taken the chances. And a legal education is definitely been worth it (even though some big law folks are getting laid off these days, in the long run I'm sure these overpriced degrees and JD knowledge will pay for itself many times over). From the first day in Vanderbilt Hall to my current days buried in Bora Laskin library, I've become a different person and a little bit of the rosy tint with which I viewed the world has gone away. In its place I have a little more cynicism, great friends, and a love for a city that I hope I will go back to on a regular basis. 

It's been almost two years since I last updated this blog and a great deal has happened. I can't say that I ever posted anything in any great detail here, but it was a point of contact (perhaps its been replaced by facebook, but that's another story... do ppl even have blogs anymore?). But the good experiences of the last two years have opened even more doors and options making it all the more difficult to decide what I want to spend the rest of my life doing. It's a wonderful predicament to have and I really can't complain too much.

As I procrastinate over the next few weeks, I might write about some of the adventures of the past few years here (I anticipate quite a few more hours in the library before they'll let me out with a diploma). So consider this the beginning of the end!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker